Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Toilet paper


Sorry, but I need to disagree with H. Champ's toilet paper protocol. The 'tongue' should always be on the outside. Aesthetically this pleases me, because it doesn't look as though the toilet paper is trying to hide. Why is it trying to hide from me?! What evilness lurks behind the roll?! I do not trust my toilet paper, so it must always be in this more visible position. I feel so strongly about this that I take the toilet roll off and put it back on if the poet does it the wrong way. Blame my superstitious nature.

Also, please note that the tags and hems on towels should always be folded inside the towel, when the towel is being stored, or if it is folded on a towel rail. You should dry yourself with the inside of the towel, i.e. the side the tag is sewn into, the side the hems are exposed on. Unless you are just drying your face in passing, in which case it is fine to use the outside of the towel. Teatowels should also be folded with their hems inside. This is very important and the fate of small countries depends on your following the rule correctly. And, it's neater!

(Yes, I have just been flicking through Nobody Cares What You Had For Lunch in search of blogspiration. I did not make up the towel bit just to fit in.)

5 comments:

Marina said...

I'm completely with you on the whole toilet paper thing.

Anne said...

We are so right. No hiding, toilet paper!

Anonymous said...

I agree and disagree. It depends on the space available. If the toilet is so close to the roll that the paper hangs down on to your leg, then I reverse the roll, so the hanging bit is closer the wall, given the seated person an extra couple inches of space. But if there is plenty of room I have the hang on the front.

Anne said...

Adam, you're so considerate!

Anonymous said...

I agree that the tongue should be on the outside. It's much easier to manage and far more hygienic. I hope you don't mind the question but, have you 'been' today? I think it's important to try and stay regular, especially with all the rich food on the go over the festive season.