Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Day 27 and counting

Blog fatigue is setting in.

This is slightly late for Thanksgiving, but I am so thankful we do not have a television right now, because every year around this time my ire is significantly raised by all the newspaper and magazine, not to mention radio, coverage of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. Blah blah z-list celebrities blah blah witchetty grub smoothies blah blah insects blah blah ooh! a snake! blah blah jungle. Excuse me? Jungle? What jungle?

In Australia, in terms of treed spaces we have the bush, and we have the rainforest. We also have the black stump, but that's a story for another day. We have scrub. We have national forests. What is this 'jungle'? We have no jungle in Australia*. I guess to the poor little British celebs anything that doesn't come enclosed by garden walls is pretty scary and may seem jungle-like, but come on, Jason Donovan is in there this year. I know he's no Aussie pin up (anymore), but doesn't he have the balls to stand up and say, 'NO, Ant and Dec, you freaky freaksters, as an Australian I know not of this jungle you are forever mentioning. We are in the bush, dudes!'

Imagine how annoyed I'd be if I actually watched the show.

* I don't care what the actual definition of a jungle is and whether it matches the Australian environment in which this show is filmed. All I know is that I have never ever heard an Australian describe any part of Australia as jungle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, televisions are unnecessary. I make my own fun, with my knives, plastic sheets and gaffer tape.