Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Happy Booffitaire*

Today is the poet's birthday. Today is the day he reasserts his 12-years-older-than-me-ness, after 48 days of being only 11 years older. I'm sure he's very relieved. That's far more exciting than presents.

Curiously, the number of poems in the collection he has just finished is the same as the age he will be tomorrow.

I've taken the day off work and we're heading into central London for a day of hopefully happy and cultured activities befitting a poet and his wife. First off we're going to hit the half price ticket booth in Leicester Square, to see if there's any chance of a cheap matinee musical - Les Miserables is his preference - then it's time for lunch. After lunch, If the musical doesn't pan out, we'll make our way to the National Gallery for the Velasquez exhibition. Then I'm sure we'll be hungry again, by which time we can walk over to the South Bank for dinner and Waves, a multimedia production based around Virginia Woolf's 'The Waves'.

I've taken Thursday off too. After all that culture I may need to sleep in.

Happy Booffitaire, my poet!

*
'booffitaire' = birthday, courtesy of the poet's mum's Italian accent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I envy your culture. ;) -Adri