Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Blessed

Matteo was in bed at 8pm last night. This morning I woke around 7, and went in to his room at 7.30 as I'd heard nothing from him and he is usually awake earlier. He was lying in his Moses basket, arms by his sides, peacefully awake. When he saw me, he smiled a quietly delighted smile, and kept on smiling as I told him I was going downstairs to get his bottle. I came back up to find him still quiet, still beaming.

What an angel-boy. He's now asleep on his playmat.

1 comment:

Marina said...

Awwwww! :)

I'm a monster in the morning, but as soon as I go into Theo's room, and he starts smiling the second he sees me, I can't help but smile back and it sets me up for the rest of the day. These times are always going to be my favourites - I just hope they last!

(This kind of echoes with your comment the other day about Matteo being with you and Mario for a reason - that you have so much to learn from him. I agree - I think it's the same with me and Theo.)