Sunday, January 21, 2007

Conservatory days

Yesterday and today have been my idea of perfect winter days - clear blue sky with a few wind-whipped thin clouds, bright sunshine. Ideal for walking in the park, and sitting down on a bench to read. Except the cold seeps through all my layers until after a few chapters I'm chilled to the bone and have to get up.

This is where a conservatory would come in handy. Nice glass walls and roof to let in the bright and keep out the cold. An armchair instead of a wooden bench. Easy access to herbal tea and necessary sweet things. Will have to work on the poet. I wonder whether the council would let me build a conservatory in the middle of the park.

Spring is hastening. The little clump of purple crocus has budded in the centre of our lawn, and walking through St Pancras park on the way to work, there are eager splashes of yellow and white already open.

3 comments:

Cristina Petrucci-Baker said...

I have to confess to being "slightly" obsessed with my ipod!-( x

Cristina Petrucci-Baker said...

p.s. the weather this week has been scary. In 'Liberty' on Thursday, it felt like the wind was moving the whole building. Every now and then, it would sort of shake and particles would fall from above.... it was like being in a haunted house!

Anne said...

... but I'm sure you are a considerate ipod person ;)

Hope it's not still too hot in Liberty. Might see you later tonight if I can pry M away from the final draft of the book going to the publisher tomorrow.jrtkn