Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The darkness

You know how babies generally like to pull hair?

Well, the baby who lives in our house likes to pull my hair right out by the roots and then examine the strands caught around his tiny fingers. Pleasant.

I'm not proud of this, but the other day I was so desperate to get a few more minutes rest after a mutual nap while he played on the bed (read, pulled on my hair) that I yanked some strands out myself, rolled them into a more or less cohesive clump and gave them to him to play with. Some days I gross even myself out.

I'm thinking of getting him some kind of doll or doll head with long hair, to save my own.

1 comment:

danandteresa said...

At 15 weeks, my little fella is yet to grab hair. Sadly, however, I have started to lose mine (poo-ey brown though it is) and find it woven between fingers, around legs and (like a magicians scarf) a seemingly small length being pulled endlessly from his mouth.
- Teresa