Friday, July 11, 2008

Such a cliche

At 22 weeks pregnant, I'm finding I 'hit the wall' at about 9pm. I am normally a midnight-and-still-awake person, so this is weird. But then, the last couple of days I have felt like I'm carrying about a ton of weight in my tummy, which is also weird and very tiring, so maybe the two are connected. I'm vaguely bitter about the fact that tiredness is supposed to ease in the second trimester - I wasn't really tired in the first trimester, so I guess this is my particular take on pregnancy.

I am growing a chocoholic, by the way. The only thing that reliably gets the baby bouncing around is chocolate. And maybe blueberries. I've been eating heaps of blueberries to try to be nice to my legs, which are growing thread veins like it's a biological imperative.

I can't believe I haven't been keeping a pregnancy journal! It's not too late to start now though, and I figure I can remember enough, and have enough journal and blog entries to populate the early months and get into a routine from now on.

On that note, I am going 'in bed', as my Italian mother-in-law says.

3 comments:

spotbog said...

Hi Anne

sorry, i wanted to contact you so that i could send you a copy of a new mental heath magazine I've been working on called One in Four. I should have said its Martin from Brittle Star magazine. my email is: info at silbercow dot co dot uk, send me your work address and I'll send you the mag. I couldn't find a way just to email you through this blogg.
best
martin

the Albino Bowler said...

nice work. So tell me... If u like Australia and u like films, what is your favorite film about Australia?

Anne said...

I don't just like Australia, I love Australia (I'm Australian, just currently transplanted to London). Hmm, ok, favourite/memorable Aussie films. From my teen days, Fortress was incredibly scary and Picnic at Hanging Rock was haunting (not just the film, I was obsessed with the book and the later one that came out which supposedly exposed what really happened). Later, The Piano (though I always thought of it as a NZ film); The Castle; Jindabyne (set in Australia but not sure if it was actually an Australian production; Rabbit Proof Fence; and finally, Ten Canoes was absolutely wonderful. I'm sure there are others whose titles I can't remember.

I should really get to the Australian film festival at the Barbican one year, as Australian films so rarely make it to general release here.