Friday, February 16, 2007

Save our hospital


My local hospital, Chase Farm, has been threatened for some time with cuts and closures of various services, the most frightening of which is the potential closure of the Accident and Emergency department. This would mean that in an emergency, people would have to go to North Middlesex Hospital or Barnet Hospital. Chase Farm is far easier for me to get to by public transport, far quicker in an ambulance (which I've had to do twice thanks to ovarian cysts) whereas North Middlesex is already overstretched, and I don't even know where Barnet Hospital is!

Purely selfishly, I want A&E to stay,
and judging by the public outcry so do lots of other people. If you happen to live in Enfield or its environs, and Chase Farm Hospital is one you use or might potentially need to use, please sign the petition at http://www.handsoffourhospital.org/canwe.php

(Cristina, this means you! ;) )

2 comments:

alixana said...

How can they close down the A&E?! Maybe I'm naive, but to me, the A&E and the hospital are the same thing - no A&E, no hospital.

I hope the petition works out. What's the point of having a hospital if it can't handle the patients who need it most?

*hugs.you*

Cristina Petrucci-Baker said...

I signed the petition, and wrote a message about how ridiculous it is to close the hospital.....hopefully they will see sense X